Our client is a worldwide manufacturer of machinery for mining industry. They provides tailor-suited complete machining systems, using innovative and advanced technologies.
For their Technical Services unit, we are looking for:
SENIOR STRUCTURAL DESIGN ENGINEER (Steel Constructions)
Workplace: Germany (various locations)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Be a champion for safety, advocating safe behaviour while incorporating safety into the designs produced
- Select structural systems and components, completing all necessary calculations to ensure compliance with codes, standards, regulations, special industry guidelines and standard engineering practices, company and clients standards
- Understand and use discipline specific standards including specifications, design basis and criteria templates, design spreadsheets, workflow procedures, and change management forms.
- In collaboration with other discipline leads and reflecting project requirements, prepare scope of work technical descriptions as appropriate for procurement packages, including references to appropriate design documents
- Collaborate with Designers to establish how drawings will be laid out to ensure that the engineer's requirements will be adequately conveyed
- Participate in design reviews, ensuring that regulatory, safety and client operability requirements are met, and collaborate with operations to ensure that the plant will be built in the safest, most efficient and cost effective manner possible, and is constructable
- Ensure that project deliverables, such as drawings and specifications reflect as-built information, and that as-built or record drawings are issued. As necessary, use due diligence and change management principals to complete engineering design checks to ensure that all changes meet regulatory, copmany and clients requirements
- At various project phases, participate in risk assessments, identifying and mitigating risks that are deemed to be unacceptable
- Provide technical assistance during tender periods to answer questions, assess vendor packages and recommend winning bidder
- Identify long lead procurement items, understand current industry delivery periods, providing technical and scope of work documents and collaborating with procurement in the issuance of procurement packages to ensure that project schedule is met
- Conduct quality assurance shop or on-site reviews of fabricated or constructed work to assure that quality control measures have effectively delivered work that complies with regulatory, company and clients requirements
- Complete general reviews of erection and shop drawings to assure compliance with project requirements and sufficient coordination at interfaces to other vendor supplied items, and to other designed items
- Prepare and issue shop and on-site review reports complete with observations and recommendations. Follow up as necessary to ensure that recommendations have been satisfactorily addressed
- Actively participate in the development of Engineers in Training, providing technical direction and mentorship
The Client offers:
- Minimum 5 of relevant experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of underground mining infrastructure
- Previous relevant work experience in Mining or Heavy Construction or/and Experience in discipline specific design of Medium to Large Underground or Heavy Industrial Infrastructure
- Excellent English language skills, Very good German language skills will be an advantage
- Working knowledge and skills in the following software or equivalents: Solidworks, Inventor, AutoCad, RSTAB, MS Office Suite, MS Project
- Collaborative, respectful, professional, team player
- Self starter who is responsible and accountable for their work, and the work of others
- Attractive salary
- Very clear perspective for career development
If you are interested in this position please send application documents in English to the following address: email@example.com
in the title of a message please write the name of the position.
Agency entered into the National Register of Employment Agencies under the number 5248.
Please also include clause:
"I hereby declare that all the facts and information provided for this cover letter and CV are true. I allow my personal data stated in the abovementioned applications to be processed for the purpose of recruitment, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29/08/1997 (Dz.Ust.No.133, item 883)".